I hope you are keeping safe and healthy during the current Covid-19 crisis. We are navigating through uncharted waters and we don't know where this tide will take us, but I know our love and care for each other will see us through.
I am thankful for the nurses, doctors, and other healthcare professionals who are risking their own safety for us. I am thankful for all the people driving trucks, working in grocery stores, delivering mail, taking our trash, and doing the other essential things to keep things working right now.
Many independent musicians and other freelance artists are facing uncertain economic times as our work is cancelled or postponed. If you are able, please support your favourite independent artist.
- If you would have attended a concert/play/film/art opening that was cancelled, consider donating the cost of your ticket.
- If you listen to someone's music on a streaming service, or read their writing online, or admire their art from afar, go to their website and buy something they sell. It will put more money directly into their pocket.
- Tune into online streaming events and put some money in the artists' tip jars.
- Join the crowdfunding campaigns or Patreon subscriptions of your favourit artists.
- Make a donation to an artist you like.
This is going to be a challenging time for all of us. But I believe we can get through this together.
Thanks, as always, for your support and keep singing!
Photo by Joshua Hoehne on Unsplash